I have just came home to take a shower - we were up early and were greeted with a beautiful rainbow. It was raining and we set up the clinic and the people started to come and they haven't stopped since. It is All Heroes Day here in the Philippines so the kids are out of school for the day. We have already seen over 450 people and now they are on break for lunch.
Remember how I said that the surgery area would be private - not - the kids are all lined up looking in the windows as the procedures are done. I can tell who has been circumcised when they walk around holding their pants away from their bodies.
Here is a picture of Rambutan being held by Robert Ambal - a fruit that I tried for breakfast. I didn't eat lunch today - but did try the fish and bananas for snack.
Mission is done for the first day - we saw 635 patients, had 177 dental extractions and Mareta prespired more than she ever has in her whole life.
The Matadang Mareta Pharmacia was a hit - no air circulation, enough said. Today one of our volunteers, Becky, from the Wisconsin clinic showed up with her mother. She is vacationing here until the end of September.
No comments:
Post a Comment