Thursday, August 27, 2009

On My Way

On my way and so excited. The flight leaves at 4 and we will arrive in Manila at 4am. From there we will travel to Batangas and start organizing the meds for the upcoming medical mission. From the amount of boxes of supplies this will be a monumental task. The mission will run until Tuesday, the 1st, and I will leave directly from there to Manila.
On Wednesday I will plan on going to the Hospicion de San Jose to see the Sisters, Katrina's godmothers and treat Katrinas dormitory to Jollibee (that is the Filipino owned type of McDonald's). I am told they would like either hamburgers or spaghetti and pineapple juice - I am also planning ice cream, so get a vision of this. I will also have a side trip to visit Jemma who was Alicia & Dustin's social worker who assisted them while they were here. She just had a little baby boy and we need to celebrate that even from the USA.
After that we are off to Ilocos Norte and the search to find the Aguilar clan - now this might be the Domingo clan, and even to find out that will be enough.
Pictures as soon as I can make it work - Dr. Singson brought her little computer so this might be a go.
Love to all of you and think of me on this 16 flight......

3 comments:

  1. Love you Gramma--we are thinking of you every second of every day and so excited to hear back and see your beautiful pictures. Beth (from CCS) emailed me and I confirmed your arrival next Wednesday the 2nd. Be sure to get a tour of the orphanage--it is truly amazing. Katrina says if you have time, and room, could you pick up some type of cheap party favors for her 2nd birthday party???? Thank you and love you--Kat and Lish

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound so excited Mareta. Hope you just have a wonderful time. Will look forward to your messages. Love you Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are going to have a fantastic time. Travel safe and healthy with your colleagues. I am so anxious to see what you are up to as you go on this new adventure. We will call Bob while you are gone.
    Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete