Monday, August 31, 2009

13th Birthday Party


First generation Ambal family.


Tonight we visited Maricar Aggari's home, she is the oldest daughter of Cesar Ambal. We were celebrating the 13th birthday of her niece AJ. It was a grand occasion. The Aggari compound has about 12 homes and Maricar's is the largest and the newest. Take a look at the food - it was a beautiful display and the only thing that I didn't try was the squid and the crab.

Maricar & Mary Lou (AJ's mother & wife of Cesar Ambal's only son) Both of these young ladies also worked side by side with me in the pharmacia - translating to the patients.
Take a look at the cake - AJ wanted chocolate and it sure was chocolate.
The family has now adopted me as the older generation Ambal, plus one Ilocano (that's me). They have all graciously invited my family and I to visit them - Bob, when I spoke of Alicia adopting another child, Faith, Cesar's youngest daughter, who is a physical therapist, chirped in that she is ready to be adopted.

The joy in their faces, the laughter that can be heard, it is all infectious. I am amazed at this family.
Little asides - the napkins are about the size of a Barbie napkin, there are six meals a day here and all are huge layouts and flipflops are the rage.
Up early to start the clinic again then off to Manila. Hopefully, I can continue doing this, it will depend on what the hotel has and if Ramon has a laptop that we can take with us on the trip. I will call and remind him.
Love to all of you, Mareta

No comments:

Post a Comment