The Aya school children at their morning prayers
Ambal Family + 1
The mission at work.
The mission is complete and we have returned home exhausted but I am hoping that the others feel like I do - job well done. Today we served another 345 people - a little different since it was a school day.I started my day with a walk around the compound and I found all these beautiful orchids and hydrangeas - I was snapping away.
When we arrived at the school the children were in the courtyard saying their prayers and then it was followed by the national anthem.
Need to tell you about the mirienda - that is the snack. The Filipinos eat 6x a day at least - breakfast, mirienda, lunch (where I had pork adobo, a chop suey and bananas), mirienda, dinner, mirienda. Another thing about the meals, there are no knives. They set the table with just a tablespoon, which they use as the knife.
Right now I am waiting for my ride to Manila and the second part of my journey. As I was sitting here Mrs. Ambal presented me with the cocoa and instructions on how to prepare it. Irwin tells me there are two types of chocolate - chocolate A and chocolate Ahhh - Ahhh is for your special guests and guess what, I'm special.
Signing off, keep a good thought about the days to come. I might have to do laundry tonight as all my underclothes have seen better days. Love to you all, Mareta
Wow--the first part is done. And now on to the Intercontinental, right? We are excited to hear and see of your journey back to Hospicio and CCS. I shared the previous posts and pics w/Bob and Patty as they came over to walk w/Kat and I and the dogs. Patty found a friend in Piggy! I gave him the site address again so he can look too.
ReplyDeleteI see the kids waiting for the bus--first day of school in Sussex--without me. I am sad that I cannot enter my 8th "first day" of school as a teacher, but as I look over at little Kat with her "bah-bah" dancing to the show that's on, I know I wouldn't want to miss it for the world. She is talking so much now, mom, can't wait for you to come home and see/hear how she's grown in this short time. Still not sleeping through the night--not sure if the meds upset her stomach or if she's taking advantage.
Anyway, have a nice shower, wash those clothes, refresh/rejuvenate as much as you can as you prepare mentally and physically for part 2! We are here thinking of you every minute and just so glad we could hear of everything! I think you sound like you are hooked and this will not be your last trip there. Just talked to Bob on the phone-he said you are doing fine. Love you mom--Lish and Kat
When you visit Hospicio....see if you can't just stuff a cute little boy into your bag and bring him home! Ha... wish it were that easy!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of your trip.
Cheryl