Friday, September 4, 2009

Celebrating Kat Kat


Today I returned to the Hospicio de San Jose - the orphanage that cared for our little Katrina for more than a year. I was on a special mission to deliver presents to Katrina's godmothers, Ampy and Fritzi. They were so happy to see me and loved the items that were sent by Katrina.
I then went to the "Little Angels" dormitory. Lunch was to be served at 11:30 and it was only 10:30 and they were all outside at the tables ready and waiting. Whoa.....25+ toddlers can't sit for more than 10 minutes let alone an hour.
Jollibee arrived on the dot at 11:30 and the madness began. They loved their spaghetti, hamburger and pineapple juice. Alicia, you may recognize some of the little ones - just a little bigger. I didn't stay around to see the clean up, but I can imagine that red spaghetti sauce on all of their clothing.

The staff and kids enjoyed their special treat, even Ampy came from her new infant unit to join us.
Then it was off to Ilocos Norte. It was a ten hour drive and I was eager to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment