
The China Sea off Ilocos Norte


The Japanese restaurant where you pay to throw plates, glasses, TV's, etc at the wall to get rid of your aggressions.


Guess I can figure out why they are constructing new roads.

Quirino Bridge which connects Illocos Norte to Illocos Sur
Heliniconia plant which looks like a torch and is used for decorative accent to flower arrangements.

The Filipino mini van and school bus.
This ones for Robin - remember the Filipino poets??? Well, I found one.
Beautiful scenes in the old town of Vigan.
Love this - when I went to take the picture the man waved and then smiled and posed like a scarecrow.


Hand picking the rice and the drying of the rice.
view from the shore looking across to the barangays of Sarrat.
The church at Paoay in Laoag City. It is located on beautiful grounds in the middle of the town. The architecture is beautiful - if you look at the left the buttresses are covered with plant growth
The calesas in the square of Vigan, the capital of Ilocos Sur.
The 10 hour drive back to Manila actually took 13 hours as I stopped at various places to tour, walk around and take pictures. I had some visions in my mind - things that I would definitely remember about this area of Ilocos and I wanted to make sure that I had them captured in this special way.
I am packed, ready to go shopping in Manila and then on to the airport. I am at the Trader's Hotel overlooking Manila bay - it is raining right now, seems we are in the typhoon season.
Looking forward to seeing all of you and I can't wait to share all of this with you personally. Love to all of you, Mareta
I am packed, ready to go shopping in Manila and then on to the airport. I am at the Trader's Hotel overlooking Manila bay - it is raining right now, seems we are in the typhoon season.
Looking forward to seeing all of you and I can't wait to share all of this with you personally. Love to all of you, Mareta












Aunt, this is so cool. Your comments crack me up but, still I feel like I was there.
ReplyDelete