Tuesday, May 3, 2011

ENDURING THE HEAT

You are all thinking that this is probably the only thing on my mind - well, I might have told you this before, but I am in the "BOTIKA" which is the Kindergarten room at the Aya Elementary school - enclosed - 2 fans, but it is more like we are in a steam room. My little hand fan is getting a work out and I am drenched by the time they call me for mirenda. It is breakfast, mirenda, lunch, mirenda, dinner, mirenda - truly, Filipinos love to eat and I just sit back and observe in amazement as they tuck it all in and still want more. I love it.
Woke up today thinking of Alicia - her birthday - Happy Birthday Lish and just wishing you were here to share in all that is going on. Truly, I am working hard and not seeing much but people in need of medical care. I can't wait till they call it a day and I have the chance to go back and take a shower and flop on the bed (well so to speak). Anyhow, love you beautiful daughter - and your birthday buddy, granddaughter Ava. Am missing not being there to tell you in person.
Went back home today thinking I would have a chance to swim before heading back out to a family dinner at Max's Chicken joint in Lipa City. 40+ of us were treated by Jonathan and Kristine, but the air wasn't working in the room, the phone wasn't working in the room, so I had to trudge all the way up to the front of the resort to report it and then I had to move all my stuff to another room.
Just finished packing up all the treats for the volunteers and Doctors and will head back to the Resort. I am scheduled for another massage tomorrow afternoon - can't wait, I love the fact that it is only $8 - can you imagine??? The lady bent my body in ways it wasn't meant to be bent - that after sitting on my shoulders.
I will try to post some pics - just wanted to get this on before I go to the Resort, without internet and a working phone.
Love to all of you stateside.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mom! Omg--hope your little hand fan does not get lost! It seems to be your savior. Thank you for the birthday wishes, the pandora charm and all. We are going to Ava's tonight to celebrate. Miss you and love and can't wait for you to get home in time for Mother's Day? Can't remember your actual arrival and recooperation date...Kat is sick again--ear infection, now what they think is environmental allergies and want her tested AGAIN! UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Grandma for the beautiful Pandora charm..and I love my birthday book.. I miss you and can't wait to see you.

    Love, your Ava

    ReplyDelete