~ I am thankful for our indoor plumbing. In the barangays outside the bigger cities the plumbing consists of squatting above this toilet and then ladling the water from a nearby bucket to flush it down.
~ The national flower of the Philippines is called the sampaguita. That combined with the yellow/green Ilang Ilang are strung into fragrant garlands and sold on Sundays at church.
~ There are three ingredients that are used in all Filipino cooking - tomato, onion and garlic.
~ You can tell when a town is having a Fiesta because they rope off the street, stop you and ask you for donations.
~ I am thankful that I can afford dental care - well, until I lose that coverage due to retirement - and we fill teeth instead of pulling them.
~ You can tell when a town is having a Fiesta because they rope off the street, stop you and ask you for donations.
~ I am thankful that I can afford dental care - well, until I lose that coverage due to retirement - and we fill teeth instead of pulling them.

No comments:
Post a Comment