The trip was long, long, long, but I have safely arrived in the Philippines and was picked up by Ramon. You would have thought we were stars - a welcome as soon as we deplaned in Manila by the Dept. of Interior....I am the PARTY in the Dr. Singson and Party. Far from the truth right???
The pharmacy where I purchased the drugs also provided a huge bag of vitamins for free. How nice was that?
Anyhow, collapsed immediately at the hotel and when I awoke I set off to Gloriosa to get all the shopping done for the godmothers and my hosts. I must tell you that in the stores here in Manila there are about 10 salespersons per customer. I have never seen anything like that - just wanting to help and so happy when they can get you things and I suppose do anything buy stand around.
I am going to Hospicio tomorrow - I will take pictures.
Love to all of you - Bob, even though I missed Easter I found your egg.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Mom! So happy to hear that you are settled and SHOPPING already! Happy Easter! I just read your post to Bob as he is off to work and will be back Wednesday. He laughed at the egg part!
ReplyDeleteKat and Reign had a wonderful time together at Apple Holler. Those 2 definitely have a light in them. You can't help but smile in their presence. Their smiles and giggles made the day just perfect. Kat tells everyone her Grammi Mareta is in the Philippines where she was as a baby.
Does your camera take video? If so, do you think you could get a clip of Ampy or Ramon, or whoever saying a short message to Kat in both Tagalog/Eng.? Or even singing a lullaby? Ramon used to sing, didn't he? Take lots of pictures...Give lots of hugs and kisses to the little ones at Hospicio. Let them know I will be coming for them soon! Miss you--stay safe--remember no ice--especially if you try the halo-halo--remember that has ice in it! Love you lots--Lish, Kat, and Dustin
Alicia - there were so many little ones - all just looking at you with those beautiful eyes. I kept thinking, one of them is yours. The infants, so precious and all sleeping so comfortably. To hear their stories will break your heart. Wish I would have looked at this post before I left to use the video, but I am hoping to get to see Ampy and Fritzie for lunch or dinner. If not, definitely Ramon will do it.
ReplyDeleteLove you - Manila is still crazy crowded and you spend most of your time in the car trying to navigate the streets.
Oh, I hope one of them will be ours. Just too bad knowing that we will have to wait. But it will all work out, right? That will be fun to visit for lunch. Where are you staying? Forgot when you told me!
ReplyDelete