
I traveled from Manila to San Jose, Batangas to reunite with the Ambal family. How great it was to see them and I was warmly welcomed and immediately shown the new air conditioning that Kuja had installed. So many changes here, new facade to the home, Kuja made a waterfall and a front garden, painting throughout, even new showers and doors throughout.
We then went to San Juan, Batangas to the ocean resort of Vilo and Mita Ambal. Just in time for lunch and there proceeded an eating marathon that had me reeling by the time we got in the car to go home.
Bob - you will be amazed at all the items that I tried - buco juice and buko, turon, pickled mango, ensalada with root vegetables, fish, pork and topped it off with halo halo. Now that is something interesting. It was served in an ice cream sundae dish, with flan on top of shaved ice. There is milk, cut up tropical vegetables and Filipino gelatin. Then you mix it all together and eat it.
The Ambals are known for their eating and they did not disappoint - truly, I hurt when I went home.

We arrived back home around 7:30 and then worked until 12 midnight doing the meds. We will start again today.
Hot, hot, hot here - thinking of all of you.
Sounds like things are going well. So glad you have some air conditioning. I know I would have trouble trying the food and am not at all surprised that you are doing that. You really make the best of all your great opportunities to explore new things. Good luck with the mission. Keep safe. Love, Sue and Mike
ReplyDelete