The welcoming courtyard at the Hospicio.
Katrina's godmother, Ampy with one of the little ones that was just received. Someone wrapped it in a blanket and left it at the side of the road.
Can you find Katrina on the adoptee board??
I was off to the Hospicio at 8am this morning. I delivered the dresses from Gerry, all the meds, viewed all the different children's dormitories, met with Ampy (Katrina's Godmother) and even visited the new clinic that they have set up for the street people and homeless in Manila. After that it was back to the Hospicio to take them some ice cream and then off to Concordia Children's Home where I was surprised to see Gemma, the social worker who arranged Katrina's adoption. She is now working there. Then I was done with all my deliveries so off I went to lunch at Manila Bay and the National Museum of the Philippines. Only 4pm and I am whipped.
Tomorrow I am being picked up - I hope - to visit Correigedor - a 10 hr trip.
Truly, the traffic here in Manila is the biggest pain. I know you can probably imagine me with my imaginary footbrake and holding on to the dashboard and door handle for safety.





Oh, grammi, we loved the pictures. Especially of the little one that just arrived at Hospicio. He is safe now and will find his forever home and be cared for by all the wonderful people there. Did you say Gemma is at Hospicio or CCS? We are hoping you are having a wonderful time and taking everything in once again. Don't wear yourself out before the mission. It's raining here today so Kat and I will go to Betty Brinn. She saw the picture of Ampy w/the baby and said "that's me w/Ampy?" Did you see your name on the wall at Hospicio? Was Sr. Corrie there? Love and miss! Lish and Kat
ReplyDeleteMareta, I was happy to read that you have arrived safely. Just wanted to THANK YOU for being God's Hands & Feet, helping those that are in need. The photos of the precious little children is absolutely priceless and "heart-tugging"! Praying for you and the others daily :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it, thinking of you. Bring one home for us. Love Brad, Kate and Elle
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures...Ava cried when she read about the baby that was left on the door step. We love you...Melissa, Kyle, Cal and Ava
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are safe and sound. Enjoy
ReplyDeleteLove, Sue and Mike
Awesome, Mareta! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteMareta~ Thanks so much for sharing these photos of these beautiful little children...can't even imagine that little baby on a roadside...bless you and all down there for being there for all of those precious little ones-- God's blessings be with you and stay cool! Love Kristin, Tara and Lauren
ReplyDelete