Friday, February 14, 2014

FANTASTIC SHOPPING

The experience at Greenhill was a one of a kind.  Hundreds of booths holding everything you could think of to buy.  I didn't disappoint.  I loved the haggling for the right price that was done by my expert guide, Jojo Ramos.  Jojo remembers coming to Greenhill almost every day with her mom who loved to shop there.  Let's see, the economy benefitted by my purchase of a small bag (from 1500 pesos to the final price of 550), dried mangos, adobe cracker nuts, the snuggle bear, an ornament, sungka (hopefully I spelled it right - a game played with shells that I was first introduced to at the Ravelo's home) and some small bags.  Even though they all have a lot of the same items just the enormity of the place is exciting.
I had a chance to relax by the pool and also met Grace Ambal for lunch.  It is nice to have some time to get to know all the people that I work with on the medical missions.  Grace and Irwin are expecting their 3rd child, a boy, in April.
Still all turned around with the time - perhaps today it will all work itself out.  Hope all of you had a good Valentines Day - it is a huge event here in the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment