As I stood back and watched Alicia, Dustin and Kat react to seeing their little Elijah for the first time I had some sad thoughts about the ones that were all observing this happy reunion. The eyes of the little ones in Elijahs dormitory spoke volumes of the life they are living each day. A little group of 24 little souls quietly waiting in neat little rows for their snack time. 24 little babes napping in beds without the mounds of stuffed animals, that special blanket, or even a space that they could call their own. The Hospicio is a haven for these little ones and yet it is stark, dark and for me, not a joyful place. Yet, I know it is at some point in their day, it has to be in my mind. I will forever question the process that allows so many of these little ones to languish in their orphanages for years when there are so many couples that want to care for them.
How lucky our family is to have Alicia & Dustin. They have created their family with little ones that will know the warmth, love and support of two very special people and we, as part of their family circle have a chance to realize what an important part we can play in their growth.
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amen Mareta! That is the sad sutuation. So many couples waiting so long with open arms, and so many little souls waiting for a forever family! Why the process for placement takes so very long is a mystery. Wish there was something that could be done to speed it all up. I just thank God for Kat &Elijah and for placing them in our family!
ReplyDelete