My new Filipino terms that I found so endearing
- Hypermarket = Supermarket
- Fly Over = bridge overpass
- Lay By = rest stop
- Ukay Ukay = stores that resell used US clothing - this is what probably happens to all the stuff we send to the islands when there is a disaster. It never reaches the people for whom it is intended - it goes into these shops.
- Lady Bed Space = rooming house for a female
- Pasalubong = gifts from one home country to another
- Besura = trash
The new foods that crossed my palate this trip
- Calamansi - lemon drink
- Dragon fruit
- Champarado - chocolate rice cereal
- Sapin Sapin - layered dessert
- Pancit Polabok
Still need to see some more things in the Philippines so I guess that means I will have to return. On my bucket list are Banaue Rice Terraces (not in the rainy season, as the roads were too treacherous), Palawan and Bohol. Watch for more of my favorite pics coming up.
No comments:
Post a Comment