Monday, June 24, 2013

HOSPICIO HERE I COME

In Manila now and again can't connect to my email - guess Tagaytay is the only place in the Philippines that Roadrunner can be accessed.  It's the 24th of June here in the islands and I am thinking of my son Kent who is celebrating his 43rd birthday - to my first born, sending love from half way round the world.
 Before Ramon delivered me to the hotel he took me to a neat store that had all crafts from the Philippines - I bought some pearl earrings for the granddaughters, a pair for myself, and lots of neat items to take back home.  Loved it.
Had a fun experience - keys wouldn't work in my room and the staff took me up to the 19th floor of the hotel - Trader's - to wait while they reworked the locks.  The view was spectacular overlooking Manila Bay and I found it so relaxing to watch the city of Manila hustle around below me.  When it was time to return to my room I found a bottle of wine, fruit and a cute little bear waiting for me - I need to get locked out more often.
Pasalubogs (gifts from the US)  all packed for tomorrow and I will be off early to the Hospicio to feed 40 children in the Angels Dormitory (that was Kat's dormitory).  I am also on a mission from my son Brad - he wants to know where his future niece or nephew is - we have been waiting close to 3 years to receive a placement from LSS and we want a sibling for our dear Kat.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment