Our afternoon was filled with filling the tote bags for all the Doctors, nurses, volunteers and barangay officers. A sample bag might contain a small towel, chocolates, toiletries, slippers, Kleenix, candles, pens to name a few items. The Singson grandchildren helped sort all the toys into specific age groups for the pediatric patients and for the day when we feed the school children. Imagine - there were over 14 balakbayan boxes sent from the US which contained so many items for the people of Aya Barangay. I am overwhelmed by the generosity of the Ambal family.
Cole & Jeslyn sorting the toys.
Archie La Salle, Jennifer Singson, Dr. Johnny Singson in the work room.
Tomorrow we travel to Diliman and I will have a chance to meet Dr. Johnny Singson's relatives. I will also have a chance to stay the night in Manila and maybe have a chance to shop and do some laundry. With the heat and humidity (oh, the ac is on the fritz in the work room) I am going through clothing in a hurry.
On a side note - I had a massage this afternoon - she came to the house to punish my body. She spoke very little English and my tagalog is non existent (sorry Jojo I am only managing a few words - buceras is one of them) so I couldn't even tell her to be gentle. Maybe I should have cried to be understood. $10 - for one hour.
Now here's your laugh for the evening. These are the slippers in my room - what were they thinking????
Signing off for the night. Wish some of you were here to share to experience.



You have done so much already...so enjoy hearing all about your adventures. Perhaps those slippers would fit Katrina? Take Care... our prayers are with you all for more productive days filled with inspiration!
ReplyDelete