| Lunch at the bottom of the waterfall. |
Following lunch we had a chance to view a cultural show of dances and music from different parts of the Philippines. While the kids swam I took time to visit the museum that housed several items collected and donated from around the world. It houses the largest beetle collection, tons of Chinese pottery bathtubs, floats from religious parades, clothing from donated from each of the Presidential Filipino families, tons of religious items, money, an altar made from silver and lots of pottery and artwork. It was just a fun day.
Rafting at Villa Escadero
After a long drive we finally arrived at Island Cove Resort in Cavite. It is an island that houses not only the hotel, but cabanas, a zoo, an alligator farm, fishing village, water park, music venues and other recreational facilities. I spent time this morning taking a walk and visiting all the sites on the island. Only saw a couple of people from my party - guess the rest are sleeping in and waiting for the afternoon wedding and reception tonight. I am looking forward to seeing my first official Filipino wedding - it will probably be in Tagalog, but I am sure it will still be fun. Hot, humid here and I am on my way to get some swimming in.
Fishing Village at Island Cove
| View across the bay at Manil |
No comments:
Post a Comment